Cooler temperatures and light rain in parts of NSW are expected today, however temperatures remain high inland and in bush fires zones.
Peak demand is forecast at 8,040 MW with reserve supply of around 5,000 MW.
All lines are in service except:
- U3 line – 330kv feeder line from Upper Tumut substation to the Snowy Hydro power station's switch yard.
- 2 line from the Upper Tumut substation to Yass. Inspections on Thursday confirmed damage to insulators and other assets. Crews will be mobilised on Sunday January 12 to commence repairs.
- 993 line (wood pole) 132kv from Gadara to Wagga Wagga is non-operational. Down since January 4. Currently under bush fire threat along various sections of the line. Work to repair is suspended. Inspection by helicopter is scheduled for later today.
- At the instruction of the RFS, TransGrid was advised to leave the area at midday on Friday January 10. After liaising with the RFS this morning, crews are planning to gain safe access from this afternoon.
Current status of transmission other assets in the Snowy region
- The Upper Tumut substation is fully operational. It is still operating on battery supported by diesel generation. Diesel fuel is being replenished as required.